A Statement of Support to Combat Financing of Jihadi Terrorism
We call upon all financial institutions to prevent facilitating any financial transactions that enable Hamas and Jihadi organizations, or their affiliates, to carry out further terrorist activity.
As members of the global investment community, it is our responsibility to realize that we play a crucial role in the global efforts to counteract terrorism and its impacts. Recent events highlight the urgency of this matter. As terrorism evolves and adapts to new financial technologies, it is imperative for financial institutions to collaborate and share expertise in identifying and preventing illicit financial flows that support terrorist activities.
We invite interested collaborating organizations to join us in creating and calling for a comprehensive and coordinated approach to combating terrorism through financial means. Together, we can respond to the atrocities of October 7 2023, and enhance our abilities to track, detect, and disrupt the financial networks that support terrorist organizations. By pooling our resources, expertise, and intelligence, we can develop more effective strategies to prevent terrorists from accessing and moving funds. This investor statement is an opportunity to call for the strengthening of the security and stability of our global financial system and contribute to the broader efforts to ensure peace and security.
Consequently, we, as global financial institutions, commit ourselves and call upon all to:
- Vigilantly investigate and ensure that no transactions supporting terrorism are passing through our financial systems.
- Review and reinforce our current frameworks and controls for Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Customer Due Diligence (CDD) or Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Proactively engage with other financial, governmental, and non-governmental institutions to identify the latest risks, techniques and typologies for money laundering and terrorist financing
- Strategically collaborate with other organizations to identify ways to deprive Jihadi terrorist entities of their financial resources.
- Seek to ensure that funds we provide reach true civilian beneficiaries and make a positive contribution to their lives and livelihoods.
We recognize the critical role of the flow of capital and the impact it can have on our world. We acknowledge through our role we can make our world a safer place for all of humanity. By ensuring we are not directly or inadvertently funding terrorist organizations, we aspire to stand steadfast on the right side of history.
- 16 - Peace, justice & strong institutions